[math4] slides to help a new sugar/pygtk developer

Mike Major jmikem at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 3 22:02:07 EST 2009

hi everyone,

my name is Mike Major. i and my team created an activity for the Math4
project called Hop-A-Round. it addresses rounding numbers up to
100,000.
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4209

i started developing the activity back in june. at the time i was
completely new to both sugar and python. i did a lot of searching on the
sugarlabs and laptop.org wikis and felt generally lost for a while.

when my local LUG learned that i had released the activity to the world,
they asked me to present it to them. i thought this would be a good time
to make a presentation for people like me that were new to sugar and
python. i hope it will help someone else get started faster in
development for sugar.

i guess it should be on the wiki somewhere, but i haven't looked on
there in a while. maybe there is a page for newcomers and this should be
on it.

the oo.o slides are here. please feel free to take the content and
modify as necessary:
http://uclug.org/images/Sugar.odp

the meeting was recorded if you want to listen along. my talk starts
9min 55sec in.
http://media.libsyn.com/media/dsyates/101309uclug0020.ogg

please enjoy,
mike