[math4] Summer SugarLabs.org Co-ops in Rochester

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Thu May 14 08:31:20 EDT 2009

Good morning all,

I thought I would update the list with some exciting stuff coming this
summer in Rochester NY.  This also means that any of you in the
Rochester NY area that have XOs with the idea you'd be writing code will
be meeting with us over the summer and breaking off into teams as needed.

We're calling it Sugar Shack .01 and it will be a pilot program for
bigger and better programs to come!

What is Sugar Shack?  The idea is to put together sort of an artist
colony/flop house for Google Summer of Code, Interns and Co-op
students.  Eventually the idea is to get enough funding so that Sugar
Shack participants can live together for free.  But like anything in a
Not for Profit org, we need to prove the idea has merit before we'll
have success soliciting enough donations to cover all the expenses.

Thanks to Fred Grose and his Wiki Magic, there is an initial outline of
the Sugar Summer Program [1] and an initial project outline [2] for your
review.

Now if you have time, there's more information about how the Sugar Shack
idea came together, over on the SL.o IAEP list archives [3].

Please email the list with any ideas or suggestions for Sugar Shack.

~Karlie

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Sugar_Summer_Program
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User_talk:EricMallon
[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/iaep@lists.sugarlabs.org/msg04163.html