[math4] Introduction

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Tue May 5 10:21:55 EDT 2009

Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> So, I'm excited to see a project like this taking off, though I'm not
> sure, at this point, what I'm able to contribute as I'm neither a Python
> developer, involved in the Sugar project, and our first child is still a
> newborn.  But still, I think 4gm is the closest thing I've found to the
> kind of community effort I'd like to be more involved in, so I'm
> following-up on the archived discussions as I write this.  I'm looking
> forward to see where this goes and the benefit it brings.
Welcome to the group Basil.

My best guess as to where you might fit within this group is by finding
a team (or starting your own) to create an activity that will match with
one or more of the points listed in the frame work at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Gdk/4th_Grade_Maths

You see, you don't need to program to outline the basics of how the game
or activity will work.  In fact, prototype the activity on paper first
and then see if you can get the coders to help you create it.

I know there is more than one volunteer coder needing an assignment and
team to work on.  So my assignment for you is to make something happen.
If you need help, let us know and we'll make sure your project moves
forward.

~Karlie