[math4] Learning in software

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 16:26:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Kathy Pusztavari wrote:

> I was wondering about how any activity, not just math activities, are
> using databases?  Again, a newbie question.

Right now, I think that relatively few are using any databases at all, per
se.  In Sugar, all of the data is designed to be collected locally in the
Journal.  There is a School Server that allows this data to be backed up
centrally, but the notion of having all of the data pushed to a central DB
is still a bit in its infancy.

Am I understanding the nature of your question?

--g

--
Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
   [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]