[math4] Learning in software

Kathy Pusztavari kathy at kathyandcalvin.com
Tue Mar 24 14:38:44 EDT 2009

 Hi, I'm just curious as to what is motivating people like Greg D. to tackle
this.  Do you guys have kids?

Also, as a newbie, I'm curious if all the activities will be written in
python or is that a foregone conclusion - is everything for sugar written in
python?

And finally, are you writing to flat files or is there some sort of scaled
down database in use or to be used?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. The 2 math activities are great.  The
way you laid out the state standards and then are tying activities to each
is beyond brilliance.

One suggestion is that you look at Direct Instruction curriculum (DISTAR
Math I/II preschool/K, Connecting Math Concepts A-E for K-4th grade).  This
will show how skills and concepts are broken down and build up on themselves
in a logical sequence of steps.  I only suggest DI stuff (by SRA) because it
has 1/2 billion dollars of research showing it is effective (see Project
Follow Through).

-Kathy