[math4] Was Press - Events. Now an Idea

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Mon Mar 23 13:33:48 EDT 2009

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 09:59:12AM -0400, Karlie Robinson wrote:
>
> the idea - what if we donate an XO to Strong at the April Rochester OLPC
> SIG meeting on behalf of all of us?  This gives us a stronger news hook
> than our standard geekery.
>

> No brain confusion for me, makes good sense.  I'm Cc:'ing Paul
> W. Frields on this one, he has a lot of experience now working with
> Red Hat's press people; perhaps they can act as a leg to get the press
> attention, too.
>
> - Karsten

Initially we (Dave Nalley, Brian Powell and Larry Cafiero) were going to
do a small release with local media about how the Fedora Ambassadors
worked with RIT and how the honors seminar students would assist us with
bootstrapping 4th grade math software for Sugar and the XO.

The thing is... as we get a little farther along, the more good
information there is to pass on.  Frankly at the outset I could see
myself answering with "well we just don't know yet" for more than a few
questions.

Personally if we could do a joint release with Red Hat, Fedora, OLPC,
Sugar Labs and even Strong Museum, it could be possible to reach beyond
Local Rochester news.  At the very least, we should expect the
Linux/FOSS news outlets to carry it.

~Karlie