[math4] "Reform Math" Article

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Mon Mar 23 08:16:55 EDT 2009

Perhaps the article below will help our group?

"Greece school district to drop 'reform math' program in elementary
schools" From the Rochester NY Democrat and Chronicle

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090323/NEWS01/903230335&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL
<http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090323/NEWS01/903230335&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL>

I'm not saying there's a right or wrong side to the issue of teaching
math, I'm simply pointing out that there are strong opinions when it
comes to educating children.

It also goes on to say that the issues aren't always clear.  Is it the
program itself that's flawed?  Is it a result of teacher training?  Is
it actually flawed when the students in the district did better than NY
State average?

Anyway, food for thought on a Monday morning.

~Karlie