[math4] Development Cycles

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Mon Mar 16 08:36:34 EDT 2009

Stephen Jacobs wrote:
> 5.  When I signed the class on to this I was told that the next 6 months (of
> which the class will participate for under three) was primarily a planning
> and design effort and that there'd be a second, longer development stage.
> Is my understanding correct???  My plan is still to have the students in
> research and design mode the first 5 weeks or so and then in prototype mode
> the second half of the course.  These prototypes will vary as far as levels
> of written language, learning styles, drill ware vs flash cards vs dungeons
> etc.

You're exactly right!  This initial period is not about a finished
product, it's about getting started.

I think Caroline is frustrated because this isn't very educational at
this point, but what it is, is very open source like.  Now if you're use
to what end products look like in Open Source, you'll be wondering why
we're so "off the mark" at these beginning stages.

I also think you hit the nail on the head with your localization
points.  Just trust that all of this will come out in the wash.