[math4] FourthGradeMath Digest, Vol 2, Issue 16

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Sun Mar 15 10:51:13 EDT 2009

On Saturday 14 March 2009 08:30:59 pm Caroline Meeks wrote:
> Greg's point is that if we use the standard process that Shawn used in
> industry, we'll never get anywhere. Its not scalable, its expensive and
> isn't crowd sourcing friendly.

I don't agree that it's either unscalable or crowd-source unfriendly.  Doing
it in a room with a whiteboard isn't feasible, but mailing list discussions
certainly are.

Scaling it up just requires getting plenty of educators on board, and they
become part of the crowd.  There are a *lot* of great 4th grade teachers who
have decades of experience teaching these concepts to a lot of kids with
different learning styles.  It sounds to me like we need to recruit some and
get them involved with the discussion.

I'm traveling for a couple of weeks, but when I get back I'm going to start
talking to some of the teachers in my area.

	Shawn.