[math4] #Sugar transcript

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 09:40:37 EDT 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Steven M. Parrish wrote:

> I agree its time we get ourselves a home whether within SugarLabs or
> Fedora, not sure where as we are heavily integrated with both.

I think this is more by circumstance than by actual purpose.  Honestly, as
I stumble forward with Mongo -- which is, admittedly, one piece of a much
larger puzzle -- I don't see it running on just the OLPC, or just Fedora.
I see it running anywhere anyone can run Python and Pygame.

> I think we need to set our formal goals and mission.  This will make
> sure we are all on the same page and help in recruiting more people to
> our cause.

I completely agree on this.  For me, it's always been pretty clear what
the goals are, but that's because it's all been in my head for weeks now.

Let me articulate it again and see if people agree:

The goal is to...

...create a complete collection of modular educational
activities...

...consisting exclusively of free software and free content...

...each targeted at a defined learning objective as defined by the
curriculum framework for 4th grade math as defined by the state of
Massachusetts.

> Weekly or every other week meetings would be a good idea so we can keep each
> other updated as to our progress and see where we need to concentrate our
> efforts.

Well, that's three of us.  :)

--g

--
Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
   [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]