[math4] Project Math Quest

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 12:33:23 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Tyler B <eldrac at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hey all, just letting you know about the project Eric Mallon and I have
> been working on – Math Quest (tentative title).  Math Quest is a game
> inspired by the math learning game Math Blaster, but set in a fantasy
> setting rather then a space one.  The game aims to cover a wide variety of
> different math standards by using separate levels each utilizing different
> gameplay mechanics.  For more information you can check out our wiki page
> at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Math4Team/Projects/MathQuest.
>
> Any assistance in the project would be appreciated; one thing in particular
> we have been having trouble with is developing some of the graphics for the
> game.  For more information on the project you can contact either Eric or
> myself via email, and I also plan to spend more time in the #fedora-olpc
> channel under the name TylerB if you would like to reach me there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Tyler Bragdon

Hi Tyler and Eric,    I've tried Math Quest and it is fun and has a lot of
possibilities.

However the MathQuest.rar file is not recognized by  File Roller 2.26.1
(Archive Manager) on my Jackalope64 system (the error message was Archive
type not supported).  Could you supply a .tar archive, please?

irc://irc.freenode.net#sugar,
http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=sugar&prompt=1, would
perhaps be a more sugar-specific channel for Activity developers
(#fedora-olpc may attract more the operating system developers).

Thanks for your contributions!        --Fred