[math4] Activity: adding/subtracting whole numbers

Wesley Dillingham wwdillingham at sugarlabs.org
Thu Aug 27 22:26:41 EDT 2009

John,

Have you made the project page on git.sugarlabs.org?

Once, the project page is established.

Navigate in terminal to your project directory and type "git init"
then navigate to  ./.git/config

set the config file as follows: so git knows where to push.

[remote "origin"]
    url = gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:yourproject/yourbranch.git

in the terminal issue the following two commands, update for your
information on git.sugarlabs.org:

git config --global user.name "firstname lastname"
git config --global user.email "joey at joejoe.com"

Next, Navigate back to your project page in the console.

type "git add *"  for all files in the directory or git add blockhead.py or
whatever file you want git to begin tracking.
type "git commit" this will open a text editor, make a comment about your
changes here, e.g. "initial commit"
finally type: "git push origin master"

after initial commit you need only to do the last three steps for further
commiting.

some good references. (and where I learned to use git):
http://www.spheredev.org/wiki/Git_for_the_lazy
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Team/Git_FAQ

Good luck.

- Wes