[math4] Activity: adding/subtracting whole numbers

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 22:21:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM, John Posner<jjposner at optimum.net> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I've just Sugarized my "BlockHead" application, which enables kids to
> add/subtract multiple-digit numbers by dragging Cuisenaire-like blocks.

+1

I've been wishing for that. Do you know how to do multiplication,
division, fractions, and concepts of algebra such as commutativity in
Cuisenaire rods?

> It includes animations for carrying and borrowing/exchanging.
>
> At http://www.jjposner.net/5252.html, the link "BlockHead_gtk_src.zip"
> downloads both the source file and a ready-to-use "BlockHead-1.xo"
> activity. I've tested it on SoaS/Strawberry (0.84.2).
>
> What now? Is there any interest in this app? Thanks!
>
> -John Posner
> jjposner at optimum.net

Edward Mokurai Cherlin
Silent Thunder (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر ج) is my name, and
Children are
my nation. The Cosmos is my dwelling place, the Truth my destination.
http://earthtreasury.org/