[math4] Latest Turtle Art for math

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Apr 3 10:43:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> I finally got sugar-jhbuild running on Ubuntu, which means that I can
> run the latest versions of many Activities, including Turtle Art.
> Walter Bender has changed from png to svg (vector) images, and has
> added and changed tiles to provide much greater mathematical power,
> and many other functions, such as building presentations and
> portfolios. With the addition of the square root function and
> user-defined variables, we can do anything in school arithmetic,
> algebra, and geometry. With the addition of programmable blocks, we
> can add whatever we know how to program in Python, without having to
> understand the innards of Turtle Art source code.
>
> I will be working on Turtle Art programs to teach a wide variety of
> 4th-grade math concepts, and share them with everybody. Any requests?

Yes.  :)

1. Pick *one* 4th grade math concept to make *awesome* from the curriculum
framework, and claim it on the wiki:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Math4Team/Resources/Curriculum_Chart

2. Claim a team around your project, so that we can drive teachers to it
to help:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Math4Team/Contacts

--g

--
Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
   [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]