[Dextrose] "Sharing journal entries across XOs" feature

Ruben Rodríguez ruben at activitycentral.com
Mon Sep 17 10:05:51 EDT 2012

2012/9/17 Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com>:
> Hi all.
>
> The image http://build.activitycentral.com/xo1.75/UY/ contains the
> Journal-Entry-Sharing feature.
> The feature-usage, setup and workflows are described at
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Transfer_to_many_options.
>
> Please test, and report back any inconsistencies/bugs/feedback.

I tested between the 206 UY image, and an old dx3intl on a XO1. I
manually upgraded the rpm's using the UY ones in the XO1, which
generated the key properly during update, but missed to make the rest
of the required changes, like configuring webdav or creating the
shares directory. So I'm making new dx3intl images to finish the
tests.

Some details I've found so far:

* Copying or drag-n-dropping to local shares works, but not properly
with school server. Copying requires a password, but the prompt says
something like "enter the password for $filename" instead of "for the
school server". Drag-n-dropping into the school server icon doesn't do
anything.
* By default the school server points to yourself. It should only show
the school icon if the school server ip is actually set.
* A "reload" entry in the menu for a mounted share would be useful
* Copying or dragging from a share failed, but since the installation
is partial I would not take this into account

Some multiselect related details (not 1-to-n related):
* Drag and drop of a multiple selection only affects the dragged file.
I guess this is by design, or hard to work around, but a bit
confusing. Maybe dragging should uncheck all selections?
* The copy-to icon in the top bar does not show the delayed menu the
first time, you have to click on it. After that the delayed menu is
shown without clicking.