[Dextrose] Defining Dextrose 4 code workflow

Santiago Rodríguez scollazo at activitycentral.com
Wed Oct 17 20:11:24 EDT 2012

Hi

I just finished first build of sugar-artwork and sugar rpms for dextrose4.
They are based upon 0.97.6 and 0.97.7, the latest taged versions avaliable.

As said, i just build them, nor installed or tested. Quoting Linus
Torvalds, i*f* it *compiles*, it is *good*; *if* it *boots up*, it is
perfect ;)

Commits are being pushed to devel branch for sugar[1] and sugar-artwork[2],
and on my personal clone for oob[3]

Generated packages can be found here:
http://download.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/daily/v4/

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/sugar/commits/devel
[2] http://git.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/sugar-artwork/commits/devel
[3] http://git.sugarlabs.org/~aklis/dextrose/aklis-oob-dx4/commits/dx4

Happy hacking!

/santi

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Jerry Vonau <jerry at laptop.org.au> wrote:

> On 17 October 2012 17:02, Ruben Rodríguez <ruben at activitycentral.com>wrote:
>
>> 2012/10/17 Jerry Vonau <jerry at laptop.org.au>:
>> >

>> > On 15 October 2012 14:18, Ruben Rodríguez <ruben at activitycentral.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I don't see the proposed branch structure fully setup, just upstream
>> master
>> > in the url links provided to the git sources. Perhaps the Devel branch
>> > mentioned above could be the Master branch in git. The upstream code
>> could
>> > be tracked in a different branch other than master, maybe
>> upstream-master.
>>
>> We are on it. :)
>> By now those repos just contain a clone of the original upstream ones,
>> and we are about to merge the first batch of rebases from Ajay. If you
>> want to take a look his personal repo for sugar is
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/~ajaygarg/sugar/dx4-sugar
>>

> Ah, perfect. Looks like good progress.
>

>> A lot of code has already been rebased, and Santiago is working in
>> making rpms from that as I write this.
>>

>  I'll get off the soapbox now ;)
>
> Jerry

Santiago Collazo