[Dextrose] Renaming the Telescope activity to Scope

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:58:34 EST 2012

Anish,

As I recall, this activity was already renamed once from xoscope after
it became clear it was colliding in name space with an oscilloscpe
activity.

http://git.sugarlabs.org/xoscope

I would suggest that in accordance with the Sugar HIG guidance

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/Activities#Activities_as_Verbs

that a word in verb form be employed as the activity name.

As an example, "Magnify" could apply equally to a telescope or a
microscope and it is a verb, not a noun.

When a decision is made, we will need to work this out in order to
preserve the work done in Pootle and to re-establish the git-Pootle
linkage.  This time around,  I would like to insist that the code be
migrated to a repo with a matching name.  Having the xoscope git repo
connected to the telescope.pot has always had potential for confusion
and this time I want the change done properly.

There are a few other examples of  git/Pootle naming mismatch (e.g.
oficina/paint, etc.) but it has not been worth the effort to revisit
these others so far.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator