[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] Browse activity proxy settings

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Thu Nov 15 10:17:46 EST 2012

Hi All,

I'm wondering why this feature[1] did not proceed, was there some
fundamental flaw with the code or was it just a disagreement over the
location within the UI? When this feature was first proposed in February
there was some debate on its location within control-panel, as part of the
'network' applet or as a stand alone applet like what Aleksey implemented
for sweets[2]. Being able to set the system proxy from within sugar without
having to rely on gnome would be a gain for all those deployments that need
to be able to set proxy settings easily in a sugar only environment.

Jerry

1. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Proxy_Settings
2. http://git.sugarlabs.org/desktop/sugar-proxy-plugin