[Dextrose] Dextrose 4 first development images ready

Ruben Rodríguez ruben at activitycentral.com
Mon Nov 5 14:59:28 EST 2012

Coming from the joint effort of the Activity Central team, and with the
sponsorship from the One Education project, we are proud to publish the
first batch of Dextrose 4 images, that can be found here:
http://build.activitycentral.com/DX4/

Images for all XO1, XO1.5, XO1.75 and XO4 are available.

This is of course based on the latest OLPC 13.1 Beta release, which means
it  contains the following:
- Linux 3.0.19 (3.5x on XO4)
- Gnome 3.6 (fallback mode)
- Sugar 0.97.9 with Dextrose patches, as packaged here:
http://build.activitycentral.com/devel-rpms/

Known bugs:

* The activities selection is the upstream default (
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1) and will need some tweaking.
Some activities fail to start.
* Browse does not start, as a result of the previous statement.
* The wifi password window is not showed on WPA personal networks. You can
login into GNOME to connect while we fix that).
* At least on XO1.75, sound applications produce mostly noise and high CPU
usage.
* The main menu in the home screen appears all black (no text) sometimes.

Thanks to everybody involved, in particular to Ajay for all the code
refactoring and Santi for dealing with OOB. Now let's continue working to
make this a great release!

Cheers,
--
Rubén Rodríguez