[Dextrose] Fwd: [Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Thu May 10 13:42:38 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com>
Date: Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager)
workflow upon resume-from-suspend
To: Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com>
Cc: Sascha Silbe <silbe at activitycentral.com>,
sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org, devel at lists.laptop.org

Oops..
please ignore my previous mail.
Instead, this is what the issue is (seems this issue has put me in mental
sleep; I am making stupid, idiotic mistakes) :|

Anyways, here it is .. (again, please ignore my previous mail completely)
::::

If we do the following ::

a)
In OpenFirmware CLI, do

                      enable-security <my XO-1 serial number>

b)
And there is NOT any "/security/develop.sig" file in my pendrive while
booting.

c)
There is NOT any "/security/develop.sig" file on the XO-1,

it is observed that ::

i)
mesh-icons are observed in neighborhood-view, both during reboot and
resume-from-suspend.

ii)

"/var/log/messages" show the loading of "msh0". However, there are no
exceptions/crash-traces therein.

iii)

Also, I see the presence of a folder "/sys/class/net/msh0".

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF ANY OF a), b) OR c) CONDITIONS ARE NOT MET, THE  MESH -
ICONS ARE NOT OBSERVED (AS IS VERY MUCH EXPECTED).

Is my observation in line with anyone's observation on olpc/sugar?
(Note that the issue was reported by UY deployment; and it could be
reproduced at our end as well).

Kindly reply with comments.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay