[Dextrose] How to prevent suspending XO-1?

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.com
Wed May 2 13:07:54 EDT 2012

On Wed 02 May 2012 10:32:19 PM IST, Ajay Garg wrote:
> Ok, Thanks.
>
> a) How to confirm this, that automatic suspension is disabled?

IIRC. *ONLY* on the XO-1

> b) It would be better if the suspension is disabled even during
> lid closing, as that could be a frequent case to preserve physical
> space.

Why would disabling suspend save physical space? Sorry, I don't
understand.

> c) The power-button case can be lived with.

Is this related to mesh icons reappearing after suspend, or there is a
different reason?

Note, We _want_ to be able to suspend using lid-closing or power
button. This significantly increases the battery life of the laptops,
and they dont require frequent recharging.

The only reason why active power management (i.e. screen dimming,
screen blanking out, wifi shutdown, suspend) is disabled on the XO-1
is because it doesn't work reliably enough. I think the normal
suspend-resume cycle works well though (save for the mesh issue)

> May be Jerry can comment?
>

> Regards, Ajay
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Anish Mangal
> <anish at activitycentral.com <mailto:anish at activitycentral.com>>
> wrote:

- --
Anish Mangal