[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Tue May 1 11:26:20 EDT 2012

Thanks Martin.

This REALLY is a useful mail. Thanks.

My comments inline.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Martin Abente <
martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably the answer is that the start() method is not executed, which
> means there are different execution paths between reboot and resume.

Me thought the same. Thanks for the affirmation.

> Same happened with powerd, we had to include the script I mentioned in the
> previous response, _maybe_ there is something similar to the powerd
> postresume.d in NM...

Thanks a ton for this light.
I will look up into it; and will get back to you.

> In any case, IIRC there was supposed to be a driver patch that would
> replace all these hacks for disabling the mesh (for good). Any clue what
> happened with it?

Well, that would be the ultimate cleanest solution.
However, I believe that is not present, since the issue is happening
anyways.

Ccing dextrose.

Thanks again.

Thanks and Regards,