[Dextrose] Dextrose build image problem on XO-1.5HS

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 29 06:29:29 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 15:17 +0545, Abhishek Singh wrote:
> On 03/29/2012 12:20 PM, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 08:48 +0545, Abhishek Singh wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I made a build for XO-1.5 (on the bleeding-edge) branch against
> >> config/dextrose3-xo1.5-gnome.ini. The build failed with the
> >> mesa-dri-drivers problem, so I commented that line and rebuilt an image.
> >> The build succeeded, and I installed the image on a XO1.5HS. But when I
> >> tried to boot the XO, I get these errors:
> >>
> >> Boot device: /wlan Arguments:
> >> Scan for: OLPCOFW not found
> >> Scan for: school-mesh-0 not found
> >> Scan for: school-mesh-1 not found
> >> Scan for: school-mesh-2 not found
> >> <buffer at ff83c980>:0:
> >> Can't open boot device
> >>
> >> printenv boot-device gives
> >> u:\boot\olpc.fth ext:\boot\olpc.fth
> >> int:\boot\olpc.fth /prober /usb/ethernet /wlan
> >>
> >> This suggests the /wlan for the boot device is just the last in the
> >> list. The fs-update install went smoothly and ended in ok. I shut down
> >> and took out the usb key. When I powered up, the above was what I got.
> >>
> >> Any idea what might be causing this problem and any possible solutions?
> > This is related to the name change of the firmware, /boot/olpc.fth is no
> > longer part of that rpm package, but not part of the kernel package yet.
> > There is an interim fix in upstream OOB[0] that is yet to be applied to
> > the dextrose git repo. My builds work as I'm supplying a custom olpc.fth
> > file anyway. I push a commit[1] to bleeding-edge that should fix you up.
> >
> > [0]http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/log/?h=v4.1
> > [1]http://git.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/mainline/commit/9b9e1a02f78efcbb11a22e959fd709c7b6957417
> >
> > Jerry
> >

> Thanks Jerry,
>            It did solved the issue. But the mesa-dri-drivers issue is
> still there. It seems like in the gnome module inside the kspost.60.misc
> file, it's trying to remove the package (rpm -e --nodeps
> mesa-dri-drivers) but the package is not yet installed. This results
> into an error and the build quits.

That was the result of fixing the no_gnome build error earlier, same
package involved. The upstream ticket referenced is
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11036 At any rate this should be fixed in
git.

What is strange is that something should require mesa-libGL, then that
should pull in mesa-dri-drivers as a dependency. I'd check that
mesa-libGL is getting installed in the image.

Jerry