[Dextrose] Dextrose build image problem on XO-1.5HS

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 29 02:35:31 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 08:48 +0545, Abhishek Singh wrote:
> Hi,
> I made a build for XO-1.5 (on the bleeding-edge) branch against
> config/dextrose3-xo1.5-gnome.ini. The build failed with the
> mesa-dri-drivers problem, so I commented that line and rebuilt an image.
> The build succeeded, and I installed the image on a XO1.5HS. But when I
> tried to boot the XO, I get these errors:
>
> Boot device: /wlan Arguments:
> Scan for: OLPCOFW not found
> Scan for: school-mesh-0 not found
> Scan for: school-mesh-1 not found
> Scan for: school-mesh-2 not found
> <buffer at ff83c980>:0:
> Can't open boot device
>
> printenv boot-device gives
> u:\boot\olpc.fth ext:\boot\olpc.fth
> int:\boot\olpc.fth /prober /usb/ethernet /wlan
>
> This suggests the /wlan for the boot device is just the last in the
> list. The fs-update install went smoothly and ended in ok. I shut down
> and took out the usb key. When I powered up, the above was what I got.
>
> Any idea what might be causing this problem and any possible solutions?

This is related to the name change of the firmware, /boot/olpc.fth is no
longer part of that rpm package, but not part of the kernel package yet.
There is an interim fix in upstream OOB[0] that is yet to be applied to
the dextrose git repo. My builds work as I'm supplying a custom olpc.fth
file anyway. I push a commit[1] to bleeding-edge that should fix you up.

[0]http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/log/?h=v4.1
[1]http://git.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/mainline/commit/9b9e1a02f78efcbb11a22e959fd709c7b6957417

Jerry