[Dextrose] Dextrose build image problem on XO-1.5HS

Abhishek Singh abhishek.singh at olenepal.org
Wed Mar 28 23:03:54 EDT 2012

Hi,
I made a build for XO-1.5 (on the bleeding-edge) branch against
config/dextrose3-xo1.5-gnome.ini. The build failed with the
mesa-dri-drivers problem, so I commented that line and rebuilt an image.
The build succeeded, and I installed the image on a XO1.5HS. But when I
tried to boot the XO, I get these errors:

Boot device: /wlan Arguments:
Scan for: OLPCOFW not found
Scan for: school-mesh-0 not found
Scan for: school-mesh-1 not found
Scan for: school-mesh-2 not found
<buffer at ff83c980>:0:
Can't open boot device

printenv boot-device gives
u:\boot\olpc.fth ext:\boot\olpc.fth
int:\boot\olpc.fth /prober /usb/ethernet /wlan

This suggests the /wlan for the boot device is just the last in the
list. The fs-update install went smoothly and ended in ok. I shut down
and took out the usb key. When I powered up, the above was what I got.

Any idea what might be causing this problem and any possible solutions?

--
Abhishek Singh
System Engineer