[Dextrose] Error while building image with Dextrose

Abhishek Singh abhishek.singh at olenepal.org
Thu Mar 1 22:26:40 EST 2012

On 02/29/2012 02:55 PM, Abhishek Singh wrote:
> On 02/25/2012 10:26 AM, Jerry Vonau wrote:
>>> I've downloaded the directory and tried various commands:
>>>
>>>   cd aks/rpm
>>>   rpm --dbpath=`pwd` -qa
>>>   rpm --dbpath=`pwd` -qlva >/dev/null
>>>   rpm --dbpath=`pwd` --rebuilddb
>>>
>>> You might be surprised to hear that everything went fine; no errors at
>>> all!!!
>>>
>>> I'm running f16 x86_64. Perhaps you've hit a bug in the version of rpm
>>> or libdb that came with f14?
>>>
>>> Here's a tip: try copying the files out of the XO image and access them
>>> with the rpm of the host system.
>>>
>> FWIW my olpc-os-builder box is F14 based and I see none of the above
>> issues.
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> On a installed system on XO-1, cleaning up the yum cache and metadata
> using "yum clean all" and then rebuilding the rpm db (rpm --rebuilddb)
> works.

I build a new image from the bleeding-edge branch recent pull of Feb 29,
and found a problem with suspend. Whenever the xo goes to suspend state,
after waking up NetworkManger service is unable to start. The PID
exists, but the service is dead. Even restarting the X or the XO itself
does not bring NetworkManager up unless you remove the pid
(/var/run/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.pid).

Any solutions to this problem?

--
Abhishek Singh
System Engineer