[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] [sugar 0.96, NM 0.9 PATCH] sl#3727: Return cached secrets, present in 'settings' themselves.

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 26 21:34:23 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 09:45 -0600, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at laptop.org> wrote:
> > How does GNOME handle this?
>
> Yes, I think thats the critical information missing from the patch description.
> We need to see if we match the GNOME behaviour, and also if this is
> actually a NM bug that should be fixed in NM instead of Sugar.

On the GNOME side on F17 when association is lost and re-association
takes too long to occur(timeout reached) you are prompted like on the
SUGAR side. The last used credentials are pre-populated in a type-over
dialog box but are hidden. Clicking on connect without changing anything
re-establishes the connection. In both SUGAR and GNOME short term
interruptions that don't timeout, no prompting occurs.

Presenting an auto-delete type-over may not be the best thing to display
to younger children while in sugar, one unintended keypress then
previously supplied info maybe gone. Think the best compromise would be
not prompt, but be able to delete individual connections from sugar's
network panel.

just my thoughts,

Jerry