[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] "glibc-devel" F14 package for armv5tel

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Sun Jul 15 04:38:50 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 15:56 +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:
> > Thanks Jerry, Anish.
> >
> > That was it.
> > Removing the "glibc-devel" package from "/etc/yum/olpc-exclude" did
> > the trick.
> >
> > But me just curious, why is "/etc/yum/olpc-exclude" needed?
> >

> The olpc released rpms may be a fork of the fedora code and a newer rpm
> from fedora's updates repo may undo the changes introduced by forked
> package. The kernel and firmware packages install paths won't match
> where the files really live on the XO due to OOB's modifications to
> the /boot directory.
>

> > [
> > Also, on a side-note, my original issue of compiling "avahi" on ARM
> > still remains unsolved ::
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/avahi/2012-July/002167.html
> > ]
> >

> Think something maybe missing from your build environment, have you met
> all the BuildRequires dependencies from the spec file? There maybe a
> undeclared BuildRequires, have you tried "yum groupinstall devel*tools"

and/or "yum groupinstall devel*libs"?

Thanks Champ.

"yum groupinstall devel*tools" proved to be enough !!

The ARM RPMS have been uploaded (after full testing) at ::
http://people.sugarlabs.org/ajay/root/freedesktop_bug_51501/platforms/f14/RPMS/armv5tel/
http://people.sugarlabs.org/ajay/root/freedesktop_bug_51501/platforms/f17/RPMS/armv7hl/

Note that the F17 packages were built on the image, downloaded from
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/12.1.0-18/21018o2.zd, and
installed on XO-1.75.

Again, a big thanks to Jerry !!

Thanks and Regards,