[Dextrose] Patch written for "Presence not updated, when client disconencts from telepathy-salut"

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:56:18 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> More update (from Avahi) :
> http://www.mail-archive.com/avahi@lists.freedesktop.org/msg01896.html

So perhaps Telepathy-Salut should be told to contact its known nodes
regularly, and prune stale entries?

As they state, mDNS & DNS-SD are in use in fairly large networks with
lots of nodes, so they have to be rather careful in not being too
chatty.

In our application of Telepathy/Salut, which in turn (mis?)uses
mDNS/DNS-SD, we *know* that it only works passably with a small number
of nodes, so we are prepared to make it a bit chattier. It's only a
shade more of chatty.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions