[Dextrose] Installing dx3g091.zd on an XO-1.5

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 07:31:44 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Sascha Silbe <silbe at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Jerry Vonau's message of 2012-01-20 18:49:29 +0100:
>
>> > u:\dx3g091.zd: Short read of zdata file
>>
>> You can check for a bad download if the md5 file was present with the
>> image but I see that it's unavailable.
>
> Fixed. And for your convenience, here's the content:
>
> 50ea5315dfe4b0099b1c095dc6ed20a1  dx3g091.zd
>

> I haven't tried flashing the above image (instead I used
> dx3g091.tree.tar.lzma to install to an external SD card).
>
> Please beware that dx3g091 contains a number of known issues [1-3].
> We're working to get a new build out soon.

When working on your next build, it would be good to consider how to
introduce some modifications to the L10n pre-processing workflow

The Dextrose version of sugar.po has additional strings not found in
the SL version.  As a temporary step to facilitate the use of Dextrose
in the Puno deplyment (in Quechua and Aymara), I've worked with
m_anish to create a manual diff of the POT files, which is now hosted
in Poolte.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/dextrose/

The Glucose 0.94 sugar.po file and the Dextrose
dx3-Glu94-sugar-diff.po file should be merged into the super-set
Dextrose version of the sugar.po before conversion into an MO file for
use in the Dextrose build.

I do not know Activity Central's build process, but I would be happy
to provide some assistance with the Translate toolkit functions tha
should make this PO combination relatively simple to achieve.

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/pomerge

Of course it is not critical that it go into your next build, but
beginning experimentation with a revised L10n workflow would be
desirable in order to work out any bugs well in advance of urgent
need.  AC should also inform me of any additional languages which need
to have the Dextrose diff file made available on Pootke.

Regards,

cjl