[Dextrose] Questions

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Tue Jan 24 17:48:41 EST 2012

On 24 January 2012 15:15, Sascha Silbe <silbe at activitycentral.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from Jerry Vonau's message of 2012-01-24 20:07:17 +0100:
>
> > I'm a little confused, when I view:
> >
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/testing/dx3/rpms-next/specs/sugar.spec
> ,
> > the url path points to:
> > http://people.sugarlabs.org/silbe/dextrose/patchsets/ where
> > sugar-dx3-20111216.tar.gz should be but is not.
>
> 20111216 is special in that Anish prepared the patch set, instead of me.
> It seems he forgot to adjust the tarball URL in the spec when rolling
> the new package. But the exact tarball that was used is in the source
> rpm (that you already found), no matter whether the URL in the spec file
> is valid.
>
> Todays patch set [1] will contain the relevant patches from 20111216 on
> top of those I added since sugar-dx3-20111213. I'm currently
> coordinating with Anish to get new rpms and a new build out ASAP (he's
> travelling right now).
>

> > I'm a bit confused with
> > the process to re-create the latest dextrose rpms that would have proxy
> > support for yum that is in sugar-dx3-20111216.
>
> To recreate a binary rpm, you can always just use the source rpm as we
> do exactly the same (sources -> source rpm -> binary rpm).
>
> Sascha
>
> [1]
> https://people.sugarlabs.org/silbe/dextrose/patchsets/sugar-dx3-20120124.tar.gz
> --
> http://sascha.silbe.org/
> http://www.infra-silbe.de/

patch 0064 from patchset-20111216 is the one that should be used, that one
creates the file that would be sourced by yum once you "echo
"include=/tmp/yum.conf.mod" >> /etc/yum.conf" somewhere in OOB. The OOB
implementation used in dx3g091.zd is incorrect. and results in sl#3284.[1]

Jerry

[1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3284