[Dextrose] Error while building image with Dextrose

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue Feb 21 08:52:34 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 16:25 +0545, Abhishek Singh wrote:

> Also that the rpm error pops up every time I use the rpm command on the
> newly installed image.
>
> rpmdb:  __db_meta_setup:   /var/lib/rpm/Name: unexpected file type or format
> error: cannot open Name index using db3 - Invalid argument (22)
> rpmdb:  __db_meta_setup:  /var/lib/rpm/Name: unexpected file type for format

It seems that somehow the rpm database became corrupted.

Try stopping the build process at various stages and enter the chroot to
see if the database is still good.

If everything else fails, I'd try building an upstream olpc-os image to
see if the problem is specific to Dextrose. I'd also try asking dsd and
pbrobinson... they may have seen problem this before.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team