[Dextrose] yum error on xo-1.75 (dx build)

Rafael Ortiz rafael at activitycentral.com
Wed Feb 15 11:15:51 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Anish Mangal <anish at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 14:05, Anish Mangal <anish at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 14:01, Rafael Ortiz <rafael at activitycentral.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> I'm encountering this error while trying to use YUM on dx for xo-1.75
> >>
> >> CRITICAL:yum.cli:Error de configuración: Error accessing file for config
> >> file:///tmp/yum.mod.conf
> >
> > for now, just touch that file. should be fixed in later builds
> >
> > Jerry, could you point me to the fix you're doing with the proxy conf
> > in au builds. I need to integrate that to dx oob
> >

> ref: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3284
>
> There needs to be another complementary fix for this as well, where
> this files is actually being created. Waiting on Jerry to reply :)
>

> >> is this expected ?.
> >>

> >> Thanks and cheers.

After touching that file i get:

 sudo yum install make
  dextrose                                      |  951 B     00:00
  dextrose-freeworld                            |  951 B     00:00
  dextrose-next                                 |  951 B     00:00
  Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
fedora. Please verify its path and try again

~