[Dextrose] DX2 features list to DX3 (?)

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:10:24 EDT 2011

On 17 Jun 2011, at 20:17, Martin Abente wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Martin Abente
> <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would be great also if we can split this work, so we can speed this process.
>>
>> 1.  Intuitive resource monitoring.
>
> +1, I can't remember well, but there were some arguments against the
> current implementation, maybe @anish can remind us?

:-)
:-|
:'-(

The core issue seemed to be that a heavy workload was being show as sadness/crying/depression, rather than busy/overloaded/hardworking. I think Walter suggested a different slant looking to the full/empty resource metaphor as used in other designs (ap network strength, battery level). Happy to take another pass at this if it means we can land something appropriate in Sugar mainline.

Are you still getting good/useful feedback on this UI addition?

--Gary