[Dextrose] DX2 features list to DX3 (?)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-3 at silbe.org
Fri Jun 17 16:08:22 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Martin Abente's message of Fri Jun 17 20:44:43 +0200 2011:

> This is the set of DX2 features that should be forward ported to DX3.

> 1.  Intuitive resource monitoring.

Already included; upstream inclusion attempts failed.

> 2.  Journal backup and restore to external devices and XS.
> 3.  Virtual keyboard.
> 4.  Accessibility CP options.
> 6.  Touchpad mode switch + fixes.
> 11. One-click share 3G.

Included, but not cleaned up for upstream inclusion yet.

> 5.  Journal repair option.

Do we still need this? The data store should trigger reindexing
automatically.

> 7.  Micro-format updater + fixes.

The updater is already included, but not all of the fixes. It would be
great to have a single patch for the microformat updater so I could just
replace the current one. This would also aid upstreaming efforts.

> 8.  Lease and dx-updates information in CP.
> 9.  Feedback extensions.
> 10. Notification system.
> 12. GSM Providers support in CP + fixes.

Similarly, a lot of these are spread over several patches that I need to
combine before I can clean up and include them.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/