[Dextrose] DX2 features list to DX3 (?)

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:17:31 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Martin Abente
<martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> This is the set of DX2 features that should be forward ported to DX3.
> The listing order is just random. This is also a very good opportunity
> to give a second though about each feature: how it can be improved?
> what could replace it?, etc.
>
> Would be great also if we can split this work, so we can speed this process.
>
> 1.  Intuitive resource monitoring.

+1, I can't remember well, but there were some arguments against the
current implementation, maybe @anish can remind us?

> 2.  Journal backup and restore to external devices and XS.

We can leave it as the basic option but maybe we should start
discussing on how we could improve it. Or maybe we can replace it(?),
for alroot's shared objects approach or my
multi-select+mass-copy-to-xs idea.

???

> 3.  Virtual keyboard.

+1, Id say is something considered standard now in uruguay.

> 4.  Accessibility CP options.

+1, idem as (3) and probably doesn't require much effort to forward port it.

> 5.  Journal repair option.

+1, It might be useful to have it still, since I am not sure if the DS
is bullet proof yet, maybe @silbe can give us his opinion!

> 6.  Touchpad mode switch + fixes.

+1, it doesn't require much/any effort to include it.

> 7.  Micro-format updater + fixes.

+1, there are still some fixes that are not present even on dx2,
waiting on the ml.

> 8.  Lease and dx-updates information in CP.

+1, very useful from the technicians pov.

> 9.  Feedback extensions.

+1, I believe is very useful for testing periods, it could be
selectively activated or deactivated.

> 10. Notification system.

+1, We are slowly getting more valid scenarios where it is useful. ;)

> 11. One-click share 3G.

+1, I think is a useful feature ;)

> 12. GSM Providers support in CP + fixes.

+1, definitely for international versions.

> If I am missing something just mention it here.

I could handle forward porting 12, 11 and 10 to begin with. Who else
can help on this process? Maybe @silbe has done some of this already.