[Dextrose] [Server-devel] Regarding my OLPC XS Wishlist

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Thu Jun 2 11:56:15 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 11:42:52AM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:20 AM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:
> > btw, I'm planing to use Prosody instead of ejabberd. I have really bad
> > experiance w/ ejabberd - on jabber.sugarlabs.org it eats too many
> > resources for regular 10-30 online users. Prosody is slim and light app
> > and it alsready works fine w/ sugar-0.88.
>
> Have you spent any time learning how to configure ejabberd? Diagnosing
> your problem? Discussing it on the ejabberd mailing list?

Well, I assume OLPC people did it many times before me, I just reused their
experience tryinhg to follow wiki.l.o docs and using native packages from
fedora.

My plan is trying to figure out why 0.92 doesn't work w/ Prosody and run it
on jabber.sl.o to see how much resources it will take in comparing w/
ejabberd.

--
Aleksey