[Dextrose] Activity Market [WAS: Sugar WebSDK + Activity Pack]

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Jul 7 09:26:04 EDT 2011

I like the notion of making activities easier to find and install. The
feedback that we've received is that ASLO is too messy, and the
process isn't smooth enough.

The idea I had was to have an Activity Market, similar to the Android
Market or the Apple App Store. This would be a place where activities
could be easily managed directly on the XO. You should be able to
easily browse through, search for, install and remove activities. I
think that this model would work well, since Sugar activities are
usually self-contained.

How does your idea differ from this?

Cheers,
Sridhar