[Dextrose] Answers to your questions from irc

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Jan 18 10:02:18 EST 2011

You wake up too early for us! And you always leave before we get a
chance to answer :-)

<aks> bernie, SMParrish: how do I configure fedora custom repository in
dextrose?

1) make a copy of one of the ini files: examples/dextrose2-xo1-np.ini

2) add a line to the [repos] section:

  custom_repo_3=1,dextrose-dxo2-np,http://download.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/testing/dxo2/rpms-np/i386/os

3) add a line to the [yumcfg] section too (this is used at runtime)

  addrepo_2=1,dextrose-np,http://download.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/testing/dxo2/rpms-np/i386/os

4) then copy your rpms to that directory and run "createrepo" to
initialize the metadata used by yum

5) you probably want to host it locally for fast access, but if you
prefer to host the repo on download.sugarlabs.org, just let us know.