[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Reflect internet connectivity in the 'Network' frame icon

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 15:57:26 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Anish Mangal
<anish at activitycentral.org> wrote:
> Currently, the 'network' icon on the frame tells us whether we're
> connected to a network or not. Would it make sense for it to test for
> internet connectivity and maybe reflect that by displaying a small
> globe overlaid on the 'Network' icon?

I like the idea, but worry also about how to do it. Some thoughts

 - make it hit a configurable (from olpc-os-builder) host, make it
also easy to disable from olpc-os-builder

 - add a similar feature that pings 'schoolserver' and indicates we
have an XS within reach

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions