[Dextrose] Query regarding error message

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 26 11:32:46 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-24 at 22:44 +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am trying to update an activity, via "olpc-update-control" rpm, on a
> sugar-jhbuild.

Think you mean "sugar-update-control".

> Towards the end, I get these logs ::
>
> ====================================================================================================================
> 1324746237.423585 DEBUG root: STARTUP: Adding bundle
> '/home/ajay/Activities/Maze.activity'
> 1324746237.426864 DEBUG root: Upgrade vu.lux.olpc.Maze
> Error setting OHM inhibit: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
> The name org.freedesktop.ohm was not provided by any .service files
> ====================================================================================================================

Think sugar-jhbuild is not a one-for-one replacement for real XO
hardware IMHO.

> After the "error log", nothing more happens.
>
> I need to complete the following ticket (on "olpc-update-control"):
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2818
>
> Is there anything I am missing, that may fix this issue?

The main difference between sugar-jhbuild and OLPC based sugar would be
in the differences in the rpms that are present on the XO's builds that
are specific to the XO. Once you install sugar-update-control you would
need to also cover off the dependencies introduced. You now have an
undocumented, via the spec file, dependency that imports bitfrost. The
package bitfrost uses dbus to talk to powerd, which supplies the
dbus .service files. Anybody else is welcome to jump in and correct any
errors or omissions that I may of overlooked. Hope that helps to shed
some light on the subject.

Jerry