[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] Dextrose 3 patches report

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:22:46 EST 2011

2011/12/5 Rubén Rodríguez <ruben at gnu.org>:

>> I will be sure to communicate to this list (and especially directly to
>> Bernie) as that work moves forward, especially once we get an upstream
>> commit of the glibc locales.
>
> Please ping me too if you modify the locale definitions, as we don't
> get them from glibc for TOAST.

Yes, of course.  I appreciate Dextrose and Trisquel / TOAST being
willing to hand manage the draft locales for now as we refine them.  I
will be sure to broadcast to this list and narrow-cast to those
working on the Puno image when the glibc locales are upstreamed.

The main reason for not including in SL Sugar at this point is that we
have encountered issues with builds of Activities for langs without a
glibc locale and there is no urgent need for SL and OLPC to manage a
local glibc file at the moment, I think waiting for the upstreaming
makes sense for them.  Of course, if anyone wants the draft locales, I
would be happy to share them.

cjl