[Dextrose] [ANNOUNCE] New Dextrose-3 development build: Alpha-1 (dx3ng36)
anish at activitycentral.org
Tue Aug 30 13:16:08 EDT 2011
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
It gives me pleasure to announce the release of our first dextrose-3
development image, alpha-1. I thank ActivityCentral, OLPC,
OLPC-Australia and Sugarlabs for working in close coordination and
making this release possible.
The key points of this release are:
* Based on fedora-14
* Based on sugar version 0.92.4
* Porting of most dextrose-2 patches into dextrose-3.
* Upstreaming of a few dextrose-2 patches. We're trying to upstream as
much as we can, but its a slow process.
* Uses the 0.9x collaboration code.
* These images don't contain gnome. The next development release
(alpha-2) will contain gnome.
Broadly, Dextrose-3 is close to FeatureFreeze , and is following this
Here are the download links for the install images:
=== xo-1 ===
=== xo1.5 ===
* You will need an unlocked XO to test/install these images
* This is a development alpha-release, there are and will be rough
edges, particularly in the area of collaboration, and some
* Folks are encouraged to test this release and file tickets on
bugs.sugarlabs.org and tag them by assigning the 'dx3' keyword. The
dextrose team will triage them and start fixing.
* Though dx-3-alpha-1 uses sugar 0.92.x, it is not yet certain future
dextrose releases will do the same . That is being worked out at the
moment through discussion.
This release is intended to be in sync with OLPC-11.2.0, the release
notes for which can be found here . There will be differences in
activity lists and sugar itself, which would have dextrose specific
patches (latest-patchset date 2011-08-15)
* sl#2803 [dx3] Build dx3ng010 for xo-1 tries to install q3a62 firmware
(which is actually meant for xo-1.5)
* sl#2483 Neighborhood view is sometimes greyed out or owner buddy is
* sl#2805 Opening neighborhood view just reveals a gray screen
* sl#2806 [dx3] Missing central-xo icon in neighborhood view
* sl#2878 python-beautiful soup dependency lacking on dextrose
(was:Read-89 does not start on Sugar 0.88)
* sl#2889 Speak Detection of australian-english
* au#825 Software Update fails to upgrade content bundles
* sl#2807 [dx3] dx3ng010-xo1.5: boot animation has too many hydrogen
atoms ;) ;)
Note: This list won't be very exhaustive since it is the first release
in the dx3 series.
* Accessibility won't work very well since its supporting packages
weren't included in this build. This will be fixed in alpha-2.
* Collaboration is somewhat broken (See 11.2.0 release notes for a more
* Backup restore functionality doesn't work as the required packages
aren't included yet.
Dextrose Project Manager
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Dextrose