[Dextrose] [minutes] Dextrose bug triaging meeting | 25th Apr 2011

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.org
Mon Apr 25 22:16:55 EDT 2011

==Attendees=

bernie, tch, dirakx, icarito, m_anish

==Logs==

First part of http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/2011-04-26

==Discussion==

1. m_anish : merge recent patches and (1) release intl build before
edujam and (2) publish a set of updates for py

2. Spending time in eduJAM [input needed]
	- getting started on XS
	- big push for DX3
	- testing sessions with people from ceibaljam

==Bugs/issues==

1. [dx3] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2800
+ add support for joining a hidden wifi network

2. [dx3] proxy-configuration **(more details/open bug)**

3. [dx3] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2799
+ register to XS automatically, in the background

4. [dx3] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2617
+ not included in the latest kernel yet  (too late for dx2)

5. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2155
+ suggested debug strategy: put a gdb on the process while it's
running, then install debuginfos for the library where it stops

6. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2064
+ recommened debug strategy: recompile the python rpm with a lot of
debug stuff turned on, then download a big file to trigger the bug

7. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2184
+ (related) http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10131
+ suggested strategy: dunno. ideally, we'd want to break into the
python interpreter and look into the palette object with
introspection... but how could we do this? it's also hard to trigger

+ **tch**: could also be a palette logic bug, like destroying the
palette object before time..
+ **alsroot, silbe** ideas please ;-)

8. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2023
+ pain point here, needs fixing :-)

9. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2367
+ lets try fgrose's recommended timeouts

10. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2593
+ dirakx looking into it (recommended porting f14 xulrunner before
they switched to firefox4, grab it from the updates repository of
fedora 14)

11. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2659
+ dirakx will look into is, he's looking into other browse issues as well

<IRC>
<bernie> dirakx1: i think it's done somewhere in the prefs.js file
<bernie> tch: the disk cache should be LRU, with a limit on the size.
<dirakx1> bernie:  hmm /me should dig on the js part of browse.
<bernie> tch, dirakx1, m_anish: ah, i bet I know what could make it
grow to 400MB! Try downloading a huge video :-)
<m_anish> bernie, or lots of huge videos or songs :P
<tch> i am pretty sure that was the case
* bernie bets 1 bitcoin that xulrunner cannot download a file without
going through the cache first.
<dirakx1> but then it should warn the user somehow..
<bernie> dirakx1: maybe i'm wrong... in sugar files are downloaded
directly into the journal. you should try and see what happens during
a download. where the file is being stored.
</IRC>

12. [psst] cloud-journal, discuss during eduJAM

It's be great to have inputs on some of the points above :)

--
Anish