[Dextrose] Testing Summary: 23 April 2011, Auckland NZ

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sat Apr 23 02:17:17 EDT 2011

Happy Easter!

Testing Dextrose build 508 on 5 XO-1.0s
Fabiana, Leslie, Nevyn, Tabitha, Tom

Speak works. Robot doesn't tell us that it doesn't speak default which is
nice. It doesn't know what day it is. I asked Alice what time is it and
Alice responds "time does not exist", which was amusing. Voice chat worked
(3 XOs). Feature requests - copy and paste, save as text file (and speak it
back), macros (Nevyn wants to assign "echo" to a key).

Physics 8 still crashes if you make a scribbly ball with the pen (previously
reported as olpc #2512)

Measure 32 still has a broken trigger which triggers on both rising and
falling edges (previously reported as olpc #2203)

Tetris Mat 1 is awesome, but quite difficult on it's default settings. Not
speaking spanish, I didn't investigate the options too much.

Implode works (but gets too hard for our neuroscientist)

Tamtam mini works. If you use left game keys to move between instruments it
doesnt scroll the instruments to the next page when you get to the bottom so
you can't see which icon you are on. Pressed stop but it didn't stop
properly, seems to be still using CPU. Got logs, attached.

Record works, collaborates with photos, video and audio. Can't change
quality of video (we believe this is expected on XO-1.0). Can play back
videos and audio from others.

Get Books is hooked up to FeedBooks! I wonder if it is possible to duplicate
this (or any) archive and search engine onto a school server disconnected
from the internet?

Typing turtle works.

Turtleart works. You should remember to stop activities when you are not
using them - especially if you have a script that runs forever - as it
impacts performance (we should know that).

Maze works, collaborates. The person running Turtleart still was slow until
they realised and stopped Turtleart, then they started to win.

Flipsticks works. Could open in fototoon :-)

Fototoon works. Could use images from Record.

Abacus works.

Read 86 starts up in a mode that isn't very controllable in tablet mode --
you are able to zoom out with tick, and zoom in with square, but you can't
scroll with any key on the keyboard or the game keys. You have to click once
with the mouse in the text display area (ie anywhere except the menu bar
thing) before the controls work. Reported as #2793

Browse 116 doesn't seem to crash when closing popups as reported in olpc
Browse 116 still thinks that nearly everything is misspelled (previously
reported in olpc #2511)

Memorise works, collaborates with 4 XOs.

Write works, collaborates, can add photos. Can the add image icon not be in
the table menu as that is confusing? Can't choose colours (or can choose
colour but it doesnt change the text) on one XO but can on another.

Distance works. Next time we test this we must remember to bring a ruler to
check accuracy.

Stopwatch works. Learned that Leslie answers questions faster than everyone
else when timed.

Spriolaterals works. Would be good if it remembered that you know how to use
it and then gives you random rather than in order patterns as a harder test
of your skill.

Power Logs attached (sorry, we didn't get the logs from one laptop).

Thanks testers!
Tabitha