[Dextrose] Need documentation written.

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:02:44 EDT 2010

Hi Bernie,

On 27 Sep 2010, at 17:29, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:

> On 09/27/10 17:01, Steven Parrish wrote:
>> Please see
>>
>> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2371
>> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2372
>>
>> Need someone to take on these very simple tasks.  Coding is not
>> required for this, however familiarity with how the activities work
>> would be a plus.  This would be a good task for someone who wants to
>> learn the functionality and codebase involved.
>
> We could create 4 subpages of Dextrose with the screenshots of the
> Backup and Restore functions:
>
> * Backup to USB
> * Backup to XS
> * Restore from USB
> * Restore from XS

Just to confuse you, Sascha has also written Backup and Restore activities (I'm tinkering with some updated icons for him) - you can find them on ASL. They are intended to work back to 0.82. I've only vaguely played with the activities so far, but the need some UI work to be more friendly/obvious. Just now they are pretty much a blank screen with a widget in the tool bar.

--Gary

P.S. Sorry Sascha, have no idea if I am cc'ing you in the way you prefer, relying on address autocomplete.