[Dextrose] Bug Etoys en Dextrose-1 y 2

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Sep 16 09:13:15 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 13:43 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 16.09.2010, at 11:30, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 18:29 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >> So someone should try the fix suggested in SQ-641. If you are shipping
> >> squeak-vm 4.0.3 then Etoys could use pulse directly instead of using
> >> the OSS emulation.
> >
> > Has anyone packaged squeak-vm 4.0.3 in Fedora yet? 3.10.5 seems to be
> > the latest version in Rawhide.

Gavin, could you please upgrade squeak-vm to 4.0.3 in rawhide? If you
have no time, let me know and I'll see if I can work on it this
week-end.

> > If we do upgrade to 4.0.3, will it be full compatible with
> > etoys-4.0.2340 or do we have to upgrade this package as well?
>
> Yes, it's compatible.
>
> Of course, upgrading to Etoys 4.1 would be good once it is released
> (scheduled to be in time with the Sugar 0.90 release).

Great, thanks! Speaking of packaging, wouldn't it be better to move the
etoys data to the xo bundle? This way it would be possible to upgrade it
along with the other activities in Sugar.

(to make life interesting, today I'm arguing in favor of xo bundles
versus native distro packages :-)