[Dextrose] Question about upgrading from 802 to Dextrose

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Sep 14 16:58:53 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 01:52 +0200, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:

> If I remember correctly I had set up XS 0.5 at the school, how would I
> find out whether the backups were made and if so how do I restore them
> to the XOs after I install Dextrose on them?

Log into the schoolserver and check what's in /library/users. If you see
directories named after the serial numbers of laptops, you know that
backups have been running.

The laptops need to register themselves with the schoolserver before
they can do backups. Before Dextrose, registration was kind of tricky
due to several bugs in Sugar.