[Dextrose] Dextrose TO DO wiki page- Feedback from Uruguay

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 10:55:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Daniel Castelo
<dcastelo at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Indeed, thank you a lot!
>> >
>> > Daniel, are there any plans to run a pilot with Dextrose in a nearby
>> > school such as Salinas? I'm worried that without early testing we might
>> > break things without users noticing.
>> >
>> > If we do decide to run such a pilot, I would recommend someone technical
>> > to visit the school frequently (at least weekly) and ask both teachers
>> > and children to report any problems or suggestions for improvement.
>>
>> Daniel,
>> If this is possible, AC is willing to fund or help fund a full time
>> developer to work exclusively at the test set.  There will be rough
>> edges.  Ac will have somebody to help smooth those edges.
>>
>> This wouldn't work everywhere. But there is probably a particularly
>> geeky school/teacher out there somewhere:)
>>

> Your idea is to hire a developer to make test and interact with some
> uruguayan teachers?
> This developer will work on field? I mean, this developer will work in this
> "ideal geeky school"?

Yes, I am thinking of a situation where the developers works _onsite_
at the school/schools for an extended period of time in order to
develop a rapport.

That developer could then _work_with_ the teacher to feed issues
upstream and deliver the updates downstream for field testing.

david