[Dextrose] Dextrose TO DO wiki page- Feedback from Uruguay

Daniel Castelo dcastelo at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Wed Oct 27 13:30:12 EDT 2010

Hi!
Here in Uruguay we were analyzing the
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose/TODO wiki page.
Based on the comments of the teachers trainers we prioritized the TO DO List
and we have some feature/improves that we could add to this page:

The features that we prioritize are:

   - Bidirectional Journal gateway for Gnome (torello, jasg)
   - OS: "Panic key" to restore default settings for GNOME and Sugar
   - Rainbow
   - Multiple item selection in the journal
   - 3G connection sharing in Sugar (tch)

We also need/want this sugar features:

   - Print Support
   - Improve the Software Update Feature (for example that updater suggest
   the installation of activities that have been deleted).
   - The possibility of copy a journal entry to a pen drive (and viceversa)
   using the right click button. For example with a sub menu in the "copy"
   option.
   - Modify Sugar for Orca use

Activities issues:

   -     Add a tooltip to the toolbar buttons that activate "secondary"
   toolbars (this happen in the activities Write and Paint for example).
   -     Add bookmarks in Browse.

Our plan is work in some of this features. But this feedback could help
developers to choose a feature for work.

Regards.

Ing. Daniel Castelo
Plan Ceibal - Área Técnica
Avda. Italia 6201